Friday, July 31, 2009

Got Gas?













Realizing that having all those sparks inside a car with a full tank of gas was not a good idea, I spent this hot, muggy end of July afternoon removing the gas tank. I began by removing the gas. I had hoped the tank was near empty as the car has been sitting for 12 years and I had never put gas in it. Unfortunately the people I bought it from drove it regularly and passed it on to me with about 8 gallons inside.











Prying the gas tank out was not as hard as I thought. I got under the car and pushed it up and out. I thought I had removed all the gas but there was still plenty inside that had to be drained.










Removing the tank left an big hole in the trunk where I found plenty of hidden rust around the edges.










Now the question is what do you do with 12 year old gasoline? Is it safe for the mower? If not how and where do you dispose of it?

2 comments:

  1. Someone's been busy working on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he was going to blow up the house! He said...."don't use the flash"...ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete