Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Big Surprise



As we were about to leave for our last golf lesson together, Daughter hands me a card.



It seems that she and her two brothers put in the money to buy me some new clubs as a retirement gift.



I was suddenly very happy that she talked me into all those golf lessons that I was very reluctant to take.



Today's lesson was to play a few holes. I would be playing for the last time with my old clubs that were a mixture of hand me downs and vintage.



Part of the surprise was to get a club fitting done by the pro.



It consisted of lots of mumbo jumbo and sticky tape but I did learn how to pick out a good club for myself.



Daughter and future Son In Law took me over to Golfdom in Tyson's Corner.



I got to try out lots of clubs in the room with all the nets.



I decided on a set of graphite Callaway clubs. I feel like I need to pinch myself.



Afterward, we had dinner at Chili's to celebrate. I still need to pinch myself.
Thanks kids!

1 comment:

  1. Well deserved for being such an awesome dad! Love you!

    ReplyDelete