Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Big New Toy

Yesterday morning a big white truck stopped at the top of our steep driveway.

Two really nice guys unloaded my new toy.

There was some assembly required.

I didn't get the maiden voyage. One of the guys had to coast it down the driveway since it had no gas in it. He managed to hit every pot hole.

After filling it up, I had my lesson.

 In spite of the drizzle, I got to ride it around the yard a few times.

 I got to look over the engine before I had to cover it up for the night. Not having a garage I had to make due with a cover-for now.

 As soon as it is dry, the giant yard is getting its first cut by something other than our ancient gas push mowers. There are some things I am willing to die doing, but cutting the grass ain't one of them-not any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment