Thursday, June 20, 2013

Window Nation

 At almost exactly 9 am, the first of two crews from Window Nation showed up to put in our new windows and sliding glass doors.
 
 
 In no time at all we had a house full of windows waiting to be put in.


 While they were getting set up I made sure everything was right. It was.


 I gave them a hand by removing all the old storm windows and screens. I like to keep busy.


 Soon we were seeing a lot of this. They were extremely efficient. I couldn't believe how fast they worked.


 By noon the other crew had arrived with the big bay window.


 The old one was taken apart piece by piece.


 I was really interested in how all this was done and the crew was nice enough to let me see what they were doing up close. I got a good education.


 The hole that was left behind looked enormous.


 After a bit of leveling, the new window was ready to be put into place. They made it look effortless.


 Out in the driveway they had set up a work place to custom make all the aluminum that was to cap off the windows and doors. The amount of detail they went to was unexpected but very appreciated.


 The sliding glass doors were the next to be done and they also went in without a problem.

 By 4:00 all that was left was the clean up. They left the place spotless and hauled away all the old windows.


I was sorry to see them go. I had a great time. I learned a lot about window installation and had fun trading jokes with the guys. I won't be needing windows or doors anytime soon but I wouldn't hesitate to call them again.

 Now all that's left is to take off the stickers....


....and put all the stuff back up on the windows.


 That's too bad because these windows are really too pretty to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment