Monday, July 9, 2012

What's for Dinner

The garden is in a sad state. Too much heat. Too many bugs. Not enough rain. I'm glad I'm not a farmer.

We have had a few things manage to wearily produce something edible but it is all being done without much enthusiasm. The cukes are a little bizarre. These are seedless. I'm not sure they are supposed to be but they are.

It's no surprise that the jalapeno peppers are going crazy but they are not hot. Not at all. The tomatoes are sad and mushy. The green ones are falling off the vines if you even look at them. All the green bean plants got eaten by a pair of groundhogs. They did me a favor.

Having said all that let me assure you that the little bit we have harvested we appreciate. That squash was gone in seconds. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment